300x250

09 March 2009

Training Camp Day 15, Coll d'Orient




After watching some rather elementry methods of taking food from the dining room by the new Czechs which gave me quite the laugh, I suite up for the day's training. Decided to take on the much hyped Coll d'Orient. It's one of the more popular climbs. 5,7% at almost 6km. I was expecting something a little bit more. It was a beautiful climb but compared to Colorado, the climbs here are wicked short which is a nice change. Climbing for an hour is okay once in awhile but I prefer the shorter with more quantity of climbs throughout the day. Weather was muy fantastico. I went sans arm/knee warmers after the descent. It was fantastic! Hoping to work on the beautiful cycling tan.

Legs felt pretty good today despite the effort from yesterday. Lungs are a little congested now. Hoping its not bad stuff.

Dinner tonight was quite interesting. They served whole grilled squid. Pretty tasty! A couple had left their table to get a new plate and a czech took their table. When they came back the Czech refused to leave. It probably sounds like i am bashing the Czech's a lot but the Czech's I have seen here have formed an opinion for me whether good or bad. It's what is interesting about Europe...so many clashes and differences of culture. I'm becoming quite skilled at my buffet line skills. I have noticed that some new guy has taken my table at dinner. Not cool man...not cool.

Chow,
Matthew
ps. photos courtesy of the mobile phone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your training camp sounds good. Enjoy the last sunny day tomorrow. The weather here is quite "Schei..". Rainy and windy. You are now a quite good thiefe - pack up a little bit sun in your baggage, please :-). CU on Wednesday at the airport.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hi Matthew,

I'm setting up a section on my site detailing Majorca bicycle routes.I've a lot to add yet :)
If you're going to the UK on your bike, I'd wait until July-August. You might get some good weather at that time of year!
The Lake District is great for cycling.
Enjoy your tour of Europe and good luck!