300x250

05 March 2009

Training Camp Day 11, Contraband


Got "caught" taking a banana and pear from the dining room. The front desk person alerted the sometime dining room attendant as I was on the staircase. She literally put her hand out and asked for it back. I was going to eat it at breakfast b/c they lack fresh fruit at breakfast. Fruit in Espana is only served at dinner apparently. Fortunately, I escaped with kiwi fruit contraband safely tucked into the fleece vest pocket that was in my hands. I hope that they get more muesli in the morning. Today was the 3rd day in a row without it. To quote from my days with my good friend Alyssa in Chicago, "it will be reflected in the tip." Well it will be reflected next time when I go to Hotel Hispania, Hotel San Diego, or Barcelo!

So for breakfast I bent and tried the beans. Never have I eaten baked beans for breakfast. Check. They did have salmon at dinner tonight, kind of dry but it is salmon. Improvements on the lettuce situation as well. There was some weird "Majorcan" dish the attendant said. I beginning to understand the food philosophy here at Hotel Ayron. You can create authentic "majorcan" flavor with the left over stuff from breakfast or the day before. I think I have tasted the sausage from breakfast in 3 different evening dishes. I only talk about this b/c I like to consider myself a foodie. And I am always interested in new flavors and dishes. But I think i have gone full circle here. I'm not a complainer but I do expect a certain level of food when I am forking over certain euros.


Okay now to the riding...good sensations today. 4hrs, 108km. The distance is skewed b/c it was blowing 30km/h+ in the face for 70% of the ride. Threw in some short, intense efforts. good power. should be much better by race time on Sunday.

chow,
Matthew

1 comment:

mom said...

Great photos. I can't believe I raised a thief. Be safe. Love, Mom