300x250

04 March 2009

Training Camp Day 10





I can see the light at the end of the sick tunnel. Woke up this morning feeling much much better. Still took it easy as I didn't want to push myself back into that bad zone. After some thorough internet time this morning in the salon, not the hair place =), I eagerly geared up for a ride. I told myself, 1 hr, just muy tranquillo. I did just that and stopped at La Terraza after changing clothes for a café con leche. Read a few dutch cycling mags. Funny how I am remembering dutch words. I would have stayed for a 2nd but I couldn't deal with anymore smoke. It was raining pretty good so I was relegated to the indoors. Still will not understand the smoking thing, or why cyclists put up with it. It seems synonomous with kermese racing in Belgium.

Choke wind out here today in Majorca. The wind lovin' kiteboarders and windsurfers were out in full force. Brought back good memories of going out and sailing at Shell Point hoping that the boats wouldn't blow up as we nooked it along the water.

It's official, I could now be a junior announcer for Eurosport with winter sports. My snooker commenting will need some improvements as I don't understand the game, but I can comment on the telemark landings of the great ski jumpers and the need to hit all the targets to forgoe penalties in biathlon.

When soccer players go down, why is that they have to be the most dramatic about their injuries or why do they lay helpless when all they did was fall? Sounds pretty weak to me. Too much panache...like sprinters on the running track.
It's pretty lame to watch in my opinion. When a racing cyclist goes down, his/her first instinct is to get back on the bike and race irregardless of the broken wheel and chopped steak that is their body from the tarmac. But I digress...

Fruit cocktail a la aluminum can was on the buffet tonight. I managed to score a piece of the cherry. Fortunately, the czechs took most of the sugar syrup as they prefer it to the fruit. Made it easier to get the fruit...thank you =). I cut up some kiwi fruit and fresh orange to add a little spice to the goodness of canned fruit. The lasagna interpretation was quite comical tonight. I assume it to be lasagna. Or maybe it was just some pasta, meat, and cheese through into a tomato sauce bath. One shouldn't serve lasagna with a ladle. I took it upon myself to try just a little bit as its all about the experience.

Hopefully rain end tonight and the choke winds subside...
chow,
Matthew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey now, dont be hatin on soccer!

Love,
Megan

mom said...

Yeah, Megan doesn't take too kindly to those fighting words. Be kind to your little sister's favorite sport. Pictures are really pretty. I can see how you thought you were back in FL sailing. Stay safe. Love, MOm