300x250

12 March 2009

Back in Backnang

I am now back in Backnang, Germany. Majorca was wonderful but I am eager to be back here in my new adopted home awaiting the upcoming season. I am feeling very welcome here and I know that this will translate into a successful season for me and my team, Activity.

Today, Heinz took Tim and I to see a large steel pole removed from a firehouse. It was quite the undertaking. I hope to get some pictures from Heinz to post. When we got back to the house, Alina and I played several serious matches of Uno! and a memory-matching game. She is quite the competitor. I learned that I was invited to her birthday party in a few weeks. I am very excited and honored b-c I was invited to such an event. Apparently, only boys were invited. Karin(grandmother) and Sandra are not invited. Hopefullz Alina will change her mind and invite them too. Tim also joined in for a few games of Uno. He was a very sharp player. I question his gaming ethics though whilest he was the dealer. Very strange for one person to receive wild cards and 2+ cards and no one else receive any. I wont say who won that match.

Sandra's mother came over today and made kässe spetzel. Its a Schwäbisch dish. I got a little instruction on how to make it and got the great chance to make some. My technique is weak, but I will improve upon it. Heinz photographed the experience. It should be good.

Tomorrow is another rest day for me. Lungs are still black. Plan is to probably get back on the bike on Sunday. Saturday, I drive with Kai and a few team members to pick up Marc, Leif and Steffi in München. They are returning from Australia. We will go early and possibly do some sightseeing.

chow,
matthew

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance you can increase your font size to 12. This 10 point font is hard to read even for us youngins.

Thanks and keep up the good updates.

Matthew Barrowclough said...

done, and thanks for the following!

mom said...

Sounds like it could be a great party for the birthday girl. Have fun. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Much better, thanks a lot.

And 1100+ miles in 15 days is INSANE! Keep it up.