300x250

02 March 2009

Day 8, Battling Congestion

So it appears from my entry titles that I am keeping a "proper diary." As the title states, yes, I'm battling some congestion. I felt it coming on a little bit Saturday night. I hoped that it was nothing more than just some dryness in the throat after dinner. Well yesterday was a little bit more congestion, not much but still not quite all there. Well this morning its full-on congestion. I should have stayed in bed for a longer sleep than I did b/c I could barely awake with my Macbook alarm of Lose Yourself by Eminem. Now I did have earplugs in b/c I am on the first floor next to the staircase which provides a constant source of audio stimulation. For anyone that knows my sleeping habits, they will know that I am a very light sleeper and just about anything can awake me so not being able to awake this morning should have been proper warning. But i didn't want to get out of my habit of getting up at a proper hour and getting the day going. Well tomorrow, I'm going to sleep in b/c i need the rest. Experienced my first trip to a the farmacia today. Picked up some decongestants. We are quite fortunate in the US with having decongestants and other non-script stuff available right in the supermarket with excellent prices. I used my improving espanol to find the decongestant. Only when I arrived back at the hotel did i realize that the decongestant is actually an efferverscent, ie powder which you put into water and it fizzes. Maybe this speeds up reactionary processes...One can hope I guess.

I started feeling a little better and did just slightly over 2hrs. tomorrow I'm going to take fully off. i want to kick this thing b/c I can still get in a good 5-6 days if I don't blow it now.

On Eurosport tonight, Armwrestling...Right now they are showing vintage WWF material...Jimmy Hart is with the Natural Disasters, Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiasi, and IRS. The Undertaker just beat Repo Man. Sorry if you are getting lost in all this but its nostalgic for me to watch this and I'm sure it makes Michael happy to know that wrestling is still being watched somewhere in the world. Mean Jean has been doing some good commentating. IRS and Ted Dibiasi are doing a number on Earthquake as the ref is elsewhere.

So I decided to take the leap...I gave my laundry to the front desk. Hopefully tomorrow I am bestowed a freshly stacked load of clothes. They didn't indicate a cost on one questioning of laundry. But when I asked today, they said 5€. So we will see. The british guy who took my laundry seemed a little confused at my request but I'm not thinking much into it b/c he always seems a little aloof. He is the one that picked me up at the airport. He told me to head to the 3rd level of the parking garage. Why not just pick me up where everyone else gets picked up? Schlepping a bike bag and backpack all over the airport is not ideal. Ohh well, when is Spain do as the Spainards I guess.

ciao,
Matthew

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've got a cold. =( I'm sure you'll kick it in no time! Nothing like a little pro wrestling to brighten your spirits. Those guys are SERIOUS athletes. ;-)
~Kristi

Anonymous said...

Im glad Kristi can appreciate such a great sport. I recall on several occasions pulling out mattresses and having tag-team wrestling matching in the basement. Oh yeah and the many times that you boys would see a new move on tv and then promptly have to test it out on me!!

Oh the good old days :)

Love,
Megan

Anonymous said...

matches*

Anonymous said...

it's good to see that the europeans have some class. that ted dibiase is one bad dude. he'll put you in a million dollar head lock if you act up. get better

-michael

Anonymous said...

Nice one Megan! Your experience with older brothers sounds similar to mine. I only had one, but let's just say he came up with all sorts of "super fun" games like milk jug boxing or couch cushion wrestling where he had the fun...and it was always at my expense. I fell for it every time (well except for last year) because he gave each new game such an amazing sell! The good old days indeed. =)

mom said...

Oh, those were the days when Michael had his "monday night wrestling party" in the basement. I guess that I was just glad he was home. Take care and be safe. Love, Your favorite Mom