300x250

03 March 2009

Day 9, Off Bike

Well, a little change of pace today. I'm writing from the bar/lounge area, fortunately no smokers just yet. The Czech pro team, ASC Dukla Praha, is putting their track bikes together. I think they just got in trouble for building there bikes in this room and not the garage. I'm feeling a better today, still sore throat(congestion) but I'm coming to grips with my calamity. Fortunately it is raining outside today so it makes it easier to cope with. As I mentioned before, the roads become quite hazardous with any type of moisture on the tarmac. Something with the tarmac material. When I was climbing Soler last week, I even managed to slip out when I was rounding a turn going up. But its to be expected when you are pushing the sick watts that I was doing before getting ill. =)

After breakfast this morning which was a little disappointing b/c they ran out of yogurt de la fresa. I did manage however to speak in Español to the nice room attendant. She went scouring in the kitchen for some but in the end I had to settle for hoping for more yogurt de la fresa tomorrow. I've been on the fluids diligently. Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep as late as I wanted too this morning. Weird...With all the training I was doing last week, I was struggling to fall asleep before 2300. Maybe that added to getting ill. Normally, I am ready to pass out by 10pm. Travel and new places do stuff to you I guess.

After returning from breakfast I discovered a white trash bag on my bed. My washed clothes had returned. Now what I pay for it is remains a question. What I was hoping for were dry clean clothes. Ahh but one can only be a wishful thinker. Air drying is the norm in these parts. I'm okay with that but you must plan diligently if you are hoping to wear the clothes anytime soon b/c the moisture in the air doesn't dry them very quickly. On the brightside, I have clean clothes now and there is a slight breeze so clothes are drying alright. I also left my room with the heat on so I hope that does a little magic for them as well. My balacony is somewhat protected from the rain so I hope they the remainder of the clothes will dry au naturál.

On a complete diversion from my usual ponderings, I have become quite skilled at inserting the numerous characters above letters while writing in Deutsch or Español. Its not bluetooth skill level but it is something to be proud of haha...(thats for you Sherpa).

Cíao
Matthew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on, Bearclaw! To quote a famous well-known philosopher, "Chicks dig guys with skilz."

The Sherpa