300x250

15 February 2009

T-1



Final bits of packing today. I think I managed the unthinkable from a week ago. I will only be taking my bike case and a duffle bag for check-in. I have decided to put my new Osprey Talon 33 backpack inside my Osprey Travel Backpack. Osprey makes sick equipment and its nice they are from Cali. Very nice dinner last night with my lady. I made a yam-ricotta ravioli with a walnut-brown butter-sage sauce. Very good. Along with some roasted beets and roasted asparagus with turkey bacon bits and almonds. Started out with some turkey bacon covered pitless California dates. Super tasty treat of sweet and savory. I joked with with the Sherpa that the meal was a departure from my usual style of spicy. Don't want to be a one trick pony so the dinner was quite savory and sweet as would be fitting. For desert I double-boiled some dark chocolate with orange zest and we dipped strawberries and oranges. 


Packing is nearly complete. Just need to put the final touches on the bike bag. We are heading over to the Camp Eden Training Center for dinner and strategy talk prior to the grand depart. 

Here are some photos of the product that will keep me going fast during races b/c apparently based upon my lab test, I burn a lot of carbohydrates which leads to quick depletion of go-fast resources.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have a safe trip getting there, ill be thinking of you tomorrow and pray that everything goes smoothly for you. i cant wait to hear about all the great things you will be doing over there! miss ya!

love,
megan