300x250

09 February 2009

~7.5 Days~

Anxiety, not stress. Anxiety, not stress. Anxiety, not stress.
Link
Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Yeah, I'm a little anxious. All good but just a little anxious. Reality is finally hitting the head while I'm drinking coffee in the Bubble. Next Monday, I board British Airways for an adventure of a lifetime. Still a few things to wrap up. Namely, tax returns and insurance stuff. But i'm not going to let the man get me down. Weather in Boulder last week was pretty awesome. Now its back to mid 40s, but it could be snow. I've already determined in my head that training this week will most likely not be super good. I'm okay with it. I need to be fresh when I go over. I'll be putting in plenty of hours once I hit sunny Malle(majorca in deutsche). The work i've done over the last few
months gives me peace of mind that I'm fit. I just don't want to go over with any additional stress so I'm taking it low key this week. Tomorrow will be a little different as I'm heading over to Boulder Performance Lab
Going to get the full fitness evaluation, ie I'll be pricked, prodded and forced to ride my legs to the ground while my oxygen consumption and lactic acid production is measured. Should be exciting. I hope to have some photos and video of the whole experience to post.

Chow,
Matthew

3 comments:

Eric Fischer said...

SWEET!
are you getting a LT/VO2 max test for your euro license or just personal info?

look forward to hearing about your adventure!

Matthew Barrowclough said...

just for my own personal enjoyment. I haven't had one done since 2005 so I'm curious to see where I'm at physically. I hope to head down to Frieburg during my time in Germany and get retested. I think its good to get physical tests done periodically. Also very curious about my hematocrit levels since being at altitude the last year.

Christopher Cummings said...

i need to get that done.