300x250

28 February 2009

Dining Room Update

Success again today with the black=op ride sandwich production. The Czech pros of PSK are taking note. I saw the look-to-be captain making one. I sat inconspicuously behind them in the corner. The tall one also took part along with his teammate to the left. The tall one made a simple toasted white bread with several pieces of jamon and queso. You can immediately tell the intention b/c they bring a napkin back. I too follow a similar protocol. However, when I was watching the tall one make the illegal move of placing the "dirty" sandwich in his jacket pocket, he took looks both ways and then put it in the pocket. I couldn't help but sit there and laugh. I remember those days as a young pioneer in taking sandwiches from the dining room, I too was a little scared of the eyes watching. But with the experience I have gained this week, I am more comfortable in my shoes as a "dining room food pilferer." I decided to forge ahead with the new super power sandwich without crushing the dates. I need to save the energy for the road. I just de-seeded then crushed them and strategically placed them with some dried apriocots in the pan.

today, overcast...sticking to the flats. Going to latch onto one of the groups that leaves the hotel promptly at 1000. Hope you all are having a great Samstag(Saturday) wherever you are.

Ciao,
Matthew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics! Im all about taking extras from the dining hall, especially the awesome pumpkin bread they have here at UT and a few bananas for the next morning :)

Love,
Megan