300x250

16 February 2009

The Grande Depart

I'm at Terminal A37 awaiting boarding of BA flight #218. My strategic packing paid off, and I was able to board without over charges. And to top it off, I managed to score an entire row to myself for the flight over. Too good to be true? I hope not. If it does pan out, this is good ju-ju for the continuation of my euro bike racing campaign.

This morning was packed with some delicious strawberry-ricotta pancakes I made for Kristi and myself. Next it was final North American production for Bearclaw Granola until June at Miguel's wedding. Kristi is set for a little while. I packed a lot for myself and the director and is wife. The BA plane is approaching the gate, looks like we are in for a minor delay. No worries, I've got leg room. I did my best to plan and conquer as much prior to today so I wouldn't be running around scattered on my last day. Worked for the most part. Managed a small cafe ride along the Boulder Creek Path with Kristi. Such a gorgeous day today, upper 50s/low 60s and sunny. Gotta love CO!

The updates will be flowing periodically. The only thing that I know now is that I have some team comittments this week with sponsors, presentation, training rides etc. And I know that I am getting picked up at the airport and will be having lasagna for dinner, mi favorita! Other than that, the mystery will unfold with time.

Auf Wiedersen,
Matthew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have seen the sweet smile of victory on your face when your checked bags were within the weight limit. You were muy focused on achieving that goal and I wasn't sure it was possible. No small feat, my friend! I'd say getting your luggage through and scoring your own row on the plane are both signs of good things to come. Bon Voyage!
~Kristi