300x250

22 February 2009

20/2/2009

Weather was no so good for fahren(driving) today. Cold, cloudy and snow flurries. I decided to ride the trainer indoors rather than risk getting hurt on the wet, icy roads. Sleeping still not so good but that will change soon enough. Had some delicious tropical flavor muesli for breakfast along with 3 kaffees and a little bread with nutella. Proper breakfast I must say.
Later in the afternoon after my training, I went with Sandra to see Tim and Elena. They are Marc’s brother’s children. They knew that I would be visiting shortly and were eager to meet me. Tim is a little shy but he opened up more once we started playing a game. Elena was shy too but began showing her outgoing nature after our competitive game of Powel? Became heated. I won the first game but she handed me a lesson in the 2nd. Powel doesn’t have an American equivalent that I am aware of. There is a small jar with 6 holes in it. You have metal bits that you try to get rid of. Each time you roll the die you put a metal peg into the whole if it is open. If the hole is filled then you have to take that peg. I guess kind of a like the card game speed.
When I was at Marc’s parent’s house with Sandra, I spoke with Heinz quite a bit. Heinz is Marc’s father. Very nice man. We have some trouble communicating but we are both trying very hard to learn Deutsch for me and English for him. I prefer we speak in Deutsch so that I can get improve. He is a very funny man and always happy to see me. Marc’s mother is very nice as well. She is a hausfrau or housewife by job. Really she is the boss and manager as we joked. She is very nice as well.
So I am gained some non-temporary status here in Backnang. I now have a German handy, or mobile phone. Marc gave me all the numbers of the “drivers” on the team. I helped Sandra set up her Skype account tonight so that she can talk with Marc when he is in Australia with Leif next week. I surprised then with my computer savyness despite Skype being in complete Deutsch.
Today was a very good day despite training indoors. I began my Deutsch lessons. I’m making notecards of words and will increase words each day. Hopefully it will work. It seemed to work for me for Espanol.
Tchüss,
Matthew

No comments: