300x250

28 February 2009

Day 6, AC Sparta Praha

Today I decided to get in with a group b/c I had gone solo the last two days and needed a little reprive. I did the standard parking lot wait which is where the options for rides leaving the hotel is quite extensive. I decided to roll with the entire AC Sparta Praha, a continental professional team from the Czech Republic. I had previously written of these guys inaccurately saying they were part of PSK Whirlpool, which is not the case. We ended up rolling north up to Inca then onto Pollenca then to Alcudia before returning south to Felantix then Campos then final S'Arenal. To sum it up we road across the entire island, 196km total, 6.25hrs. We stopped for a proper euro pro cafe stop about 2hrs before the finish. When you latch onto these rides you really have no idea what is going to happen. I kept on the director's good side by just hanging near the back. It was a pretty chill ride, endurance pace. It was good for me to work on leg speed as i probably spent the majority of the ride 95-105rpm. The avg on my SRM is a little skewed b/c of the large number of 0s while riding. Sitting in the slipstream today really enforced the issue of staying out of the wind in races. Despite being 196km, I still had good punch at the end. Just needed one more bar as I was beginning to run a little low.

I managed to do only ~3000kjs of work which is quite an accomplishment with the amount of time on the road.

They got it right with the fish tonight at dinner. The brought out the fish from tuesday which is by far the most delicious. There was also some other meat thing. I think it was some sort of pork but its questionable. Tasty however. At the cafe I grabbed a coke, first one since arriving in Europe. They served us majorcan orange slices and a few small cookies. The waitress was super nice and spoke excellent english which was helpful to me but I spoke spanish to her. the czech's didn't seem to get it. redemption.

Now on the ride today, I saw several riders just discard their trash on the side of the road...even throwing used coke cans into the drainage ditch! Didn't really have the cajones to speak to them about it or translate it into to Czech but its quite disturbing. I don't think its a Czech thing though. I commented to my lady that I was quite surprised about the amount of cans, bottles and wrappers on the side of the road. Its quite disturbing.

I spoke with the front desk tonight about getting laundry done. Apparently, I fill up a white trash bag they gave me with my clothes and they attach a room number to it. Then I get the clothes back in 1 day. So does that mean 1 complete day or I get it back same day. Will they split my colors and whites? What if I want a non-odor detergent? Schisse! LOL. I guess I will continue to wash some of the bike clothing in the sink. I'm running out of hand soap and it takes forever for things to dry here. I guess living in CO for the past year will accustom you to your clothes drying in a couple of hours b/c of the arid environment. Fortunately, I have been conservative with the non-bike clothing situation. For the bike stuff, I'm on a 3 day rotation. I really don't want to go through 3sets(3x3) without a proper washing.

Only planning on 2-3hrs tomorrow, very chill with a cafe or two stop. 31.5hrs thus far this week.
ciao,
Matthew

7 comments:

Eric Fischer said...

you are crazy!
consistent 4-6+ hr rides....every day! probably hard to take a day off when your in cycling paradise:)
enjoy!

Anonymous said...

For example if the company wants to achieve 100% quality from a team working at the client site, it can announce an attractive holiday destination which will be gifted on achieving the target.. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry handbags[/url] If the position is regarding the close location I would be happy to interview, however if the position will be at far location, I am not interested in interviewing at this time. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose expedition[/url] Ytxnawlrr
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora bracelets[/url] Whkymfhgo [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose[/url] twvolxfar

Anonymous said...

Nutella makes everything better, so I have no doubt this recipe is going to become a fast holiday favorite." "Nutella Cinnamon Rolls″ from ABeautiful Mess. http://www.manyghdhair.com Jenn Duncan is a sustainable visual artist based in Los Angeles. north face outlet After being launched, the lightning-fast Battle Strikers can be navigated by magnetic finger Controllers, adding even more excitement to the playing field. http://www.softuggboots.com War time rationing and restrictions were lifted and once again crystal diamante from Europe ( Austria) became available to Costume Jewellers as did the base metals for setting these into.. north face What interesting is that is sends out tweets from the woman vagina.

Anonymous said...

Go now and steal a shirt in an attractive color from a dude in your life. north face outlet Dutch duo Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren founded Viktor Rolf in 1992. north face jackets It will be used to launch a newly designed version of the site, while dedicated mobile apps are also on the roadmap.. http://www.fitghdhair.com You can also follow them on Facebook. http://www.manyghdhair.com On Thursday night the top notch of Dutch fashion students presented their work in a crowded tropical warm show area.

Anonymous said...

Barneys is working in conjunction with 1% for the Planet and will recycle all of our previously loved jeans! How considerate! So if you been eyeing a new pair of Current Elliots or Joe head over to Fashion Valley Mall before August 31 with a used pair of jeans to get a big whopping 20% off! ugg boots canada I'm not that interested of a shopper though to brave the crowds. ugg boots In contrast, a meeting or seminar normally lasts three to 7 hours (or in some cases a number of days). ugg boots sale Thanks for helping me to achieve new strategies about pc's. ghd purple Some believe that those deals are part of the reason for a recent decline in ratings at the children programming network.

Anonymous said...

Pssst there? I think we clear! Mr. http://www.oneghdhair.com My kingdom to be given the means to have a master closet filled with Neve, KJUS, Krimson Klover, Pjar and Authier!. north face outlet The rivets are heated very hot and headed with sledges.. ghd My cheekbone does not shows up naturally so I am always thankful if I could find a nice contouring product. north face Just save your notebook to the cloud with a free Windows Live ID, and then access your stuff with the OneNote Web App or with OneNote Mobile on your Windows Phone 7 or on your iPhone..

Anonymous said...

It is the human dimension that creates meaning, not the hardware dimension.. http://www.downuggboots.com Regional Theatre:PIPPIN(Mark Taper Forum/Deaf West),ETTA JENKS (BostonStudio Theatre). ghd hair straighteners But now I switched dimensions and I am really respected. http://www.softuggboots.com But, because of his interest in fashion and new styles he was written many articles on Sexy Shoes, thigh high heels and stilettos.. http://www.wellnorthface.com These days fashion jewelry industry is as popular as fine jewelry industry and it also follows its own trends.