300x250

01 May 2008

Gila Update

Good ride today. Made the lead group and finished in that group. Still 18th on GC but only 3min out of 1st and 2min out of 2nd. tomorrow is the TT. I'm going to lay it all out. legs are feeling better after each day. Course today was tough, over 3000kjs. Wind was sick. The last 8mi it was in the face at 30-45mph according to the news data. How it felt to me: well, it was insane and tough. Positioning was key, otherwise you were shut out.

My host housing has been incredible. I'm in the beautiful adobo home on the hillside. The owners, Chloe and Lee have been super good to me. Eating awesomely and they get their coffee from their coffee-roasting son. Its super tasty. Can't beat fresh roasted coffee.

Stay updated at http://www.tourofthegila.com

Chow,
Matthew

No comments: