300x250

10 May 2008

Tofu and Peanut Curry Salad

I have been craving some curry so I got my curry on tonight. Wanting to keep it different, I made it into a salad to catch some of those extra anti-oxidants and vitamin c to help battle el congestion. It had a nice sweet, yet spicy flavor to it. A great option for those carb-neutral people.

Peanut sauce:
2tbs of peanut butter(I prefer the crunchy variety)
1.5tbs of coconut milk
1tsp of soy sauce
1tsp of oyster sauce
1/2 tsp of garlic chili sauce(more if you like the heat)
1/2 of a lime juice
1/2tsp of lime zest
1tsp of rice wine vinegar
1tbs of minced ginger
1tbs of minced garlic
1 tsp of honey
1 tsp of sesame oil
chopped cilantro
1tbs of water

Mix together and let sit for awhile(10-15min or longer)
Heat peanut oil and cook tofu over high heat. You want a firm crusty outer coating to the tofu. Next add chopped carrots, zuchinni, 1tsp of minced garlic, 1 tsp of minced ginger. Cook over high heat and tossing regularly. Once vegetables are cooked, add sauce. Toss together and cook for another 5-7minutes. Toss extra cilantro and mix together. Spoon over bowl of fresh spinach.
Enjoy!
Roberto

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say this looks quite fab. Makes me miss the old days when we used to make Thai as hot as we could and then sweat our a*%es off eating on my backyard deck. Ahhh, those were the good days, LOL. Ok not really, but those times were good memories!
~ Alyssa ~