300x250

27 May 2008

Camp Eden Training Center

Sunday I rolled up to Karl and Shawn's house at like 9100ft or so. Basically, just sickly high up. I've dubbed it the Camp Eden Training/Wind Tunnel Center. We had a nice dinner outside on their deck then got down to business of working on my tt position and road position. My hips were no able to clear on the tt frame which was causing some serious gluteus maximus pain and just ugly bouncing. We got it diealed in and brought my arms in a little closer thus decreasing my frontal exposure. Rode it yesterday and felt much better as well as you can feel on a tt bike. Power is good and I'm riding smooth with a nice flat back and super quiet upper body. My road position on the new bike is much better than the Wilier. I've been pretty happy with it. The longer top tube definitely makes a big difference for me. I really believe it takes some time to find what type of bike fits you and allows you to perform your best. All the hard work in the off season through core strengthening and just better riding skills has definitely paid off. Karl did a test by putting an empty cup on my back while I spun on the trainer. The cup stayed completely still.

Riding around this weekend, I saw a lot of riders out just b/c it was such a nice weekend. I see a lot of different riding styles and its quite easy to spot the undertrained or ill-fitted riders. Bouncing all around and lots of upper body movement is a killer to the ride b/c all of that wasted energy. Its definitely not easy, but some specific training can definitely benefit all riders.

Sunday, I did a race type effort, 3hrs of all out on my Lee Hill/Lefthand/Old Stage circuit. I don't remember the last time my legs felt so good. Perhaps its standing up on one's feet for two days straight after getting frozen 3 days prior on a ride. Needless to say, it was good. Needed another bottle, surprisingly, I emptied 2 bottles in 3 hours which is pretty good for me. The arrid, high altitude riding really sucks the fluids out of you. I might have to start packing a 3rd bottle. On my way up Left Hand, I rolled by Jonny Clarke and Ivan Stevic both of Toyota-United. They were just on a chill pace, after killing it the last few weeks in the NRC. I gave the pro hand nod when I went by. Stevic looked like he was suffering a little in the heat. Rode by some High Road rider, female, Ausie champ of sorts going by the arm band. Just another day of riding in Boulder.

Hopefully the form will stay through this weekend at Hugo. I've got good Ju-Ju going so I'm thinking big for the weekend.

Ciao,
Roberto

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.legacy.com/rgj/Obituaries.asp?Page=SearchResults


Here is the info on Roger

Cat