300x250

09 May 2008

Sickness Sets In


A Big thanks to Eric K. for passing onto me this glorious nasal infection =)
Eric was sick after the race on Sunday and it was inevitable that two days together with 10hrs of car driving, I was bound to inherit his germs. Now, I'm 3 days into it. On Tuesday I went for a easy trail ride with Shawn around Boulder Res. I'm no trail junkie but its pretty sweet to have some dirt trails to ride on just outside the door. Its another one of those OIB(Only In Boulder) moments. Wed I took out the tt rig. Definitely need to spend some more time on her as this was only my 3rd ride on her. One to work, 2nd to race, and 3rd to train. Thats a total out of order way of riding a new bike. The prescription for the day was 2x20min max efforts with some short bursts every 3-5minutes. Then finish up with 5x1min max intervals. Felt fatigued during the ride. Thought it was more of the bike not feeling plush. The last 1min effort totally blew me up. Actually fell asleep in the afternoon only to wake up to that ohh not so good feeling in the throat. I think the workout just put me over the edge. Yesterday was worse. I basically just sat around the house all day.
Today I went for an easy trail ride again on the Titus Racer-X around the Res. It was fun. Definitely missing a gear in the legs but to be expected. Tonight I'm feeling super congested. Hopefully it won't last too much longer....On a hopefully positive note, I contacted Calfee in CA. Calfee is an uber carbon fiber bike maker and does carbon repair. Their response to my pictures of estimate were, "Ouch." It looks like they will be able to fix my steed up. After disassembling her today I noticed some issues in the head tube so it might be a little more work.

Roberto

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matthew, Im sorry to hear about your misfortune but Im glad that you are okay. I hope everything else is going well and keep up the hard work!

Love ya,
Megan