300x250

21 April 2008

Form is on track..

Pretty happy with form after this past weekend at the Air Force Academy. TT, Crit, and RR over some tough, windy parcours. Got 6th in the crit and 12-13th? in the RR. Tactical errors were the downside but also the upside. I really believe that you learn the most from the mistakes you make. So I left the race feeling bummed but the talk tonight with Shawn cleared some things up. I'm super excited about next week. Last July while laying in the hospital bed, I told myself and everyone around that I was going to come back and Gila was the first major goal of the year. I still have a few things to figure out but things are aligning up well. Foremost, I need to gain my hands on some aero wheels, most especially for the tt, but hopefully some for the other stages. I got a tt bike last week. Its a sick black Leader. Yeah, no Cervelo but as the older woman I passed on Hwy 36 last week when she reasoned her way for getting the Wilier Izoard rather than the top-end Cento she says, "I'd rather spend the money on wheels." My sentiments exactly! Its got a pretty good setup so far. I will be throwing on a 55/42 chainring set and run an 11t on the rear. This should give me plenty of power over the tt course. So if anyone has a lead or wants to donate a set of wheels to me for the week, i would greatly appreciate it. I'd even pay to rent some wheels =)

On the way home yesterday from Colorado Springs, which is the culture opposite of Boulder, I found what I've been missing since moving here. Pacific Marketplace in Broomfield, a super asian market. Finally, an opportun to buy soy sauce, oyster sauce, chili sauce, lime leaves, etc etc at non-big box prices. And another culinary treat I was bestowed was the recent opening of Sunflower Market here in Boulder. Its basically a larger scale and more diverse Trader Joes' without the booze(stupid CO law). If you know me and my love of good food and quality ingredients, you can only imagine my glowing countenance. I now feel complete here in Boulder, well nearly complete. If one were complete, what would one live, work or strive for? Something to ponder for my readers.

With my new culinary purchases, I made a sick peanut sauce tonight that I topped over some stir-fried tofu, zuchhini, and chinese eggplant. It was deliciously spicy and sweet. Recipe? Of course I didn't follow one, I totally free-based as usual. Its my style =)

chow,
matthew

No comments: