300x250

10 February 2008

Grimpeur'ng

French for climbing...today was a climbing day on the bike. I rolled out after getting fully intoxicated with caffeine from Eye Opener in Niwot. I waited till about 12:40 to depart b/c it was so cold this morning. It warmed up to the mid-upper 40s when i rolled out. I headed up Lefthand Canyon to Ward. This is a very popular climb. Wicked long and pretty quiet. Roads were mostly dry with an occasional water/snow on the road. Starting out at the house at 5200ft, Ward is 9300 ft so quiet a bit of vert...4100ft! Lungs felt good. Then it was a long cold descent to Lyons about 30mi of descending. Looking forward to some warmer weather w/o the wind to really push the hill bombing. By the end, my fingers were completely frozen. Good training though and the views were just absolutely spectacular. I should run a climbing camp for my old buds in CA this summer. Keep your plans open in July/Aug for a CO climbing camp =)
Chow,
Matthew

No comments: