300x250

20 February 2008

Back to Training

I'm sitting here watching Le Tour de California. BMC is totally killing it. You have to love the protagonists as the euros call it. I did my best today to not follow the live text feed from Velonews b/c I wanted it to be all surprises tonight. Rock Racing is throwing out all the stops with their advertising. Nothing like some skeletons on your team kit.

BTW, if anyone in the greater Boulder area is reading this and on a team, I'm putting myself out there...ie I'm looking for a team still. What will you get? Someone who will work their ass off, travel to all the races, be a good citizen, and cook up some great food. Enough of me pimping myself out...

After a good weekend of racing at VOS, it was time to get back to some proper training. Yesterday I did some peak power outputs or PPOs. These are intervals that are basically all out from the start which leaves one gasping and throbbing with lactic acid through the entire body. These are great for training b/c they train your body for high intensity and get your used to the pain. Today's workout was a little different. Today was all about the high cadence and sprints. As I have mentioend before, the high cad stuff is great b/c it trains your legs to spin and develops fast twitch which are great for accelerating on a climb or busting out of turn belgian style. Ended the day with some track stand sprints. By the end I was totally cooked and struggling to feel my fingers due to the Colorado cold.

On a racing note. I saw my belgian buddy, Alex Coutts, had a great performance at the Tour de Langkiwa in Malaysia. He got 16th overall which is a sick result. Glad to see he was able to get a ride with Team Giant Asia after his DFL squad went kaput. Look for this guy to continue to make some good results. We did some great training rides together in the Ardennes.

Chow,
Matthew

No comments: