300x250

06 February 2008

A Colorado Experience

Today, I met up with my coach Shawn for some hiking around Walker Canyon. I rolled up to her house way up in the mtns 9k". She showed me around her place and made me an espresso. It was quite tasty. We rolled out and were at the trailehead in 10mins. The loop was 7.2mi and over 8000ft the entire time with 1200ft of elevation gain. I'm not really at liberty to discuss the dangers, but just understand that we put Bjarne's and CSC's teambuilding camp to the test with our own Pactimo Performance team building camp. I felt really good and didn't have a problem with the altitude. I took some nice pics which I will get to you once I download. Its pretty tough hiking through snow, up cliffs and into 40mph+ winds. But let me say, CO is gorgeous and I am so happy to be here. Can't wait to test the legs on some sick climbs when the roads melt a little more. I should be hitting my first road ride tomorrow. This weekend doing some motorpacing with Shawn and her pro friend who rides for Cheerwine. Should be a good tuneup before Valley of the Sun stage race next weekend in PHX.

Chow,
Matthew

No comments: