300x250

28 April 2009

Ich Lerne Deutsch...

Another day in Esslingen at the Volkschule. Scheduled race day from training. The weather cooperated with me an was cloudy and off and on rain drizzle all day. That helps keep the desire to go out and ride down =)

I'm looking forward to class tomorrow because we have Elizabeth as our lehrenen(teacher). I think she is much more engaging than Juliane. I came to the realization today after class that I am basically paying to force myself to study. I guess we all need some way to motivate us. My earlier thoughts and ideas that I would study each day, well those never quite transpired from thoughts into actions. But atleast I thought about it, right? The class is helpful in some ways, especially with vocabulary. I'm learning some new words as well as verb conjugation which is important to being able to express thoughts that are not only singlular and in the present. I'm learning to talk in the plural and in the past. Pretty good stuff. Soon, I'll be breaking out some past perfect tense and throwing down some impertive. But I can't let myself get too far ahead of the moment. The article genders of nouns doesn't seem to have any real pattern. And it changes from m->f when going from singular to plural. Crazy stuff, crazy stuff.

I have told everyone that the class is slow but its good for me. It forces me to study and learn. Albeit, pioneering through the latter chapters while the class is still in the beginning. Heute Ich gespreche mit meine freundin und Ich sie gesage "Ich mache Buch Zwei für schule." It made for a good laugh. Not sure if my word placement is completely correct, but you will have to translate yourself to figure it out. I'll just say that its me being an overachiever. For me, I'm paying for the course and I am there out of desire to learn. The majority of the others are there because the State forces them to attend and I don't think they have to pay either. Money and desire can do a lot I guess.

So tomorrow, another day at Volkschule. Friday we have off because it is Erster Mai(1st of May) or Tag de Arbeit(Labor Day) which is oxymorontic b/c no one works on this day, May 1. All shops are closed, similar to Sontag. So one bike races on this day =) Tomorrow is also the start of the best race in America, The Tour of the Gila. TofGila is in NM and is a killer 5day race at altitude with sick racing and difficult conditions. They also serve up delicious Green Chili Burritos. Astana is sending their NA trifecta of LA, LL, and CH disguised in non-pro team clothing b/c of some lame UCI ruling. Should make for some insane racing in the Pro/1 field as FL will be there with his crew.

Chow,
Claw

No comments: