300x250

15 April 2009

Exhausted



I think the race took more out of me than I thought. Yesterday I went for 1hr 45min with teammate Sebastian Latz. Legs were saying "no bueno man" at the beginning but it got better. My metabolism has skyrocketed since the race which is probably typical but it left me feeling pretty lethargic towards the end despite a well-balanced breakfast of muesli, toast w/ nutella and banana. Even snacked on the ride. Today was still slow going in the beginning. Didn't have that punch but still managed to do my VO2 1min intervals along with a nice 3km above threshold climb. 2hr 20min today.

Tomorrow I plan on 3.5hrs with quite a bit of tempo work. Hopefully a better sleep tonight will absolve me some of this sleepiness.

Yesterday I did some strength training with Heinz. We painted his patio stones. You ask how is this strength training? Well, we were crouched down like a baseball catcher. Good static strength work.

The weather continues to stay über awesome here. 24ºC today and sunny. Tomorrow and Friday pose threatening chances of rain. Hopefully it will hold off till the afternoon. I'm going to take a rest day on Friday. Maybe 45min at most of easy spinning. I want to be fresh for the big race on Sunday in Waldrems. All the big players will be there. Its only 84km but its going to be guns blazing the entire time. Very tight circuit with wind and little golf cart path to circumnavigate. The word on the street is that this race is famous for the homemade cakes produced and sold by the sponsoring association members. Racers go as far as to "reserve" pieces of cake before they race to ensure they can atleast enjoy something in the event their race turns no bueno on them.

Yesterday was my brother Michael's birthday. The big 27. He is improving his life by getting married in June lol. Hopefully he will read this b/c I'm suspecting that he has been lame about reading my blog since he rarely posts any comments.

Not much else to report so I will benefit you with some photos of the area from my ride on Sunday. It was a pretty quiet Sunday. Mainly just motorbike riders and a few other cyclists.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO BUENO MI HERMANO NO BUENO

I READ DAILY. I HAVE INCORPORATED IT INTO MY WORK SCHEDULE. I AM TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO CORRELATE BIKE RIDING WITH BRICK SALES. I AM USING A LOGARITHMIC REGRESSION EQUATION. I STILL HAVE A FEW KINKS TO WORK OUT ON THE REGRESSION ANALYSIS BUT SIGNS ARE POINTING TO A VERY SIGNIFICANT FIND WITH A C.I. OF 95%. I AM PLANNING ON SENDING IT IN FOR PUBLICATION BY JULY. I'LL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON MY PROGRESS.

TU HERMANO
MIGUEL

Anonymous said...

DON'T PUSH IT, YOU MUST REST TO GET STRONGER

Anonymous said...

MATTHEW, Ask Michael to explain that to his mother. Sounds quite interesting. Hope you have a good day. Love, Mom