300x250

19 November 2007

Tis the season for Cranksgiving!

Sorry to all my faithful readers for not writing sooner. Cranksgiving has taken a great deal of my time. What is Cranksgiving? Just the greatest holiday of the year! Basically its 10days of riding my legs into the ground with some quality base training. So far, the riding has been quite spectacular with my new lover, the Wilier Cento. Big thanks to Colin at Bike-RX for helping get her all pretty. When I arrived on Friday, I was only able to get in 1.5hours because of a decrease in available sunlight. Got in 4.5, 4 and 3.5 hours Sat-Today. Today was pretty wet and I got pretty hungry. But got in about 2500kjs.

Everytime I come back to Johnson City, I am continually impressed with the quailty of roads. Now that being said, I had my first flat today but these Michelin Pro Race 2 tyres are pretty soft and cut easily. But nevertheless, the roads here are the best that I have ridden in the country. So smooth and many quite roads to get lost on. The biggest difference that I have noticed is that everything is rolling, very few flats which makes it difficult to get into a rhythm. Altitude is 1600ft so not really super beneficial but maybe little more than CA. The Wilier is a pretty sweet ride. Still working on the fit but I will get it dialed in soon enough. Plan is to go bigger tomorrow and really big on Wed before I take off on Thursday. Will try to get in an hour to spin the legs on thursday but the weather report looks dicey. Friday-Monday will be big too.

I will post a new pic of the ride tomorrow. Tomorrow evening I am cooking with my friend Morgan and our dinner party. It should be epic, a culinary nirvana.

Want to also give a shout-out to the girls from South Carrick. I have been getting some good feedback from these ladies and a few late night calls asking for new material and talking about the greatest nights of their lives =)

Chow,
Matthew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks again for the shout out, its always nice to be appreciated..lol im coming home tonight so you better be ready! im expecting some good food during my break from you, so bring your A game!

love,
megan