300x250

26 August 2007

One Month Later

Today marks one month ago from the incident we don't speak of...a little "The Village" pun for you. I'm still battle pain in my pelvic region each time I walk. But I would rather face the pain than just sit at home everyday. My exercise today included almost 4 hours of walking. Almost 2 this morning and another 2 this afternoon. Went to West Portal this morning after a long walk through the Forest Hill neighborhood of the city. If you live in the city, I highly recommend checking this area out. I am continually blown away by all the cool spots in this city that I am sure most people have never seen before. Then I stopped and got some coffee at Noah's Bagels in West Portal. Its been my little coffee stop recently on the way to SF State. They have free refills which is awesome. I got totally amped to the point where I was getting the jitters. Probably only eating a banana all morning didn't help either. But I was saving myself for brunch with Wendy in Mill Valley at Dipsea. It was super delicious. Went with a greek omelette, red potatoes and homemade biscuit. Wendy went for the salmon-avocado omelette but didn't feel too good. so I ate it for her =) I was feeling a little gluttonous this morning but it did count for two meals(breakfast and lunch) and I had walked a lot so stop judging! =) It was great catching up with her. We hadn't seen each other since May so lots of news to share between us. Lots of cyclists out in marin today. Definitely missed it, but I will be back shortly.

So Diana went for a 15min ride on her stationary bike at home. I'm super happy for her. So now she has 10 more minutes of riding than I do in the last month =) But I walked 4 hours today so that has to count for something right? I head back east to visit her this Wed. Very much looking forward to it. This will be my 4th trip in the last month. Pretty crazy stuff. We have big plans for 2008, so keep watching the blog as details will be unravelled in the coming weeks.

Time to eat now, so I bid you adieu and a safe and happy week ahead.

Adieu,
matthew

No comments: