300x250

13 September 2007

C-Day + 25

First off, I apologize to all my audience for not writing sooner. To recap the last few weeks, I was back in NJ visiting Diana, starting the new season at CMA, and riding the bike on the home trainer.

This past saturday, i set the Trek up on the home trainer and started some proper trainer riding. I have been doing 30 min a day since Saturday. Today, I took off b/c yesterday I developed some pain behind the left knee. I think its the result of poor bike positioning and trying to pull through the bottom of the pedal stroke. Can't lose that beautiful spinning form I worked so hard for. of course, walking 2-4 hrs a day probably isn't helping anything. So I thought I should back off a little bit. It was definitely good to spin the legs. I can tell I have lost quite a bit of muscle but as Shawn, my coach, suggests, it could be very well what I need to take the body to the next level. I really did a lot of damage to my system this summer. It was good getting all the riding and fitness, but looking back now, I was totally wiped out when I returned to the states. Then it was only accelerated by getting sick at Cascade. So this forced recovery could be the boost to my system to recharge and build higher for next year and beyond.

Next week, I have an appointment with the neurosurgeon to see if I can get the neck collar off. I am confident that he will say yes. It will also be a big weekend as my sister, Lauren, is getting married. I am serving as post-wedding reception chef and chief booze handler. It should be great. The menu will be fun, with my sister Megan, serving as Sous Chef, and Diana joining us as a special consultant. The menu includes several starters, a salad, and 3 entrees. It will be a culinary tour around the globe as I have picked dishes that come from all over. It won't be crazy, at the request of my mom, but it will be extensive and a little off the beaten path. Hopefully, the guests will reach culinary nirvana...

Starters: black bean dip, hummus, quesidillas
Salads: Cran-Pecan salad
Pasta: Farfalle with pesto and sundried tomatoes
Main: Asian Peanut Noodles, Curried Couscous, Turkey Chili

I will post my recipes when completed to avoid and leaking of trade secrets....

Adieu,
Mathuiex

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey FSU college grad, i dont know what they taught you in school, but quesidilla, is spelt quesadilla. glad to hear your getting better. see you next weekend.
david

Matthew Barrowclough said...

Well, I don't know what they were feeding you down in Juarez, but its quesidilla and chimichanga

Anonymous said...

Matt, Glad to see that you are continuing to escalate in your recovery.
Phil Hinton