300x250

12 August 2007

Back in SF

I am back at "home" now in San Francisco, just 10 days after I originally planned to return, what? Haven't you heard about all the delays at airports lately? Being the stubborn guy that I am, I decided to take BART from SFO to the SFSU campus. So I shlepped my bag around which was probably about 35lbs around the airport, on BART and to campus. I did crack and paid for a 1.5mi cab ride from the Daly City BART station to campus which was nearly $8.00. The free shuttle to campus was running late. I managed to get a little work done on campus. Nettie was awesome and gave me a ride back home but not before giving me some homemade grilled vegi pasta which was pretty much the bomb!

On Saturday, i met my friend Christina for a nice late morning breakfast at Crepes on Cole in the Cole Valley neighborhood. Pelvis was pretty sore but it was nice to walk around and get out of the house for a little bit. Then Christina totally surprised me with some great new literature, a book of movie quotes from Napoleon Dynamite. It was pretty awesome.

I have been sleeping much better since getting back. The temperatures are much cooler here which has been such a relief from the heat in TN. Spent most of the afternoon today at my cycling team's picnic on Crissy Field. Great to see everyone. I think I told the story of getting hit by a truck like 30times. Unfortunately my neck bling says, "look at me and ask me what happened." Seeing all the people on bikes here in the city has made me jealous that i can't be out riding, but its also made me extremely cautious. I'm sure i will get more adjusted and not think to much about it, but the reality of getting run over by a truck is slowly sitting in which is causing me to think more about the severity of my injuries. I'm still super motivated to go ride and train. Diana is healing well. She is getting around more on her feet but is getting eager to get out of the house which i completely understand. She wont' be down too long.

Enjoy the start of your week, and remember to keep it real. Hope to get some new recipes out to you this week. Right now my dinners consist of salads. Hope to break out some new stuff this week.

Adieu,
Matthew

No comments: