300x250

20 November 2008

Flagstaff Sessions

Flagstaff is the uber popular road that climbs up out of Boulder and toward the Eldorado Canyon area. Its also a testing ground for cyclists b/c its an unforgiving 7.4% for 5mi with stretches of 10 and 14%. My session included the Gregory Canyon to the Ampitheater which is 3.5mi, first 0.5 are 10% then its a cool 6.5% for the remainder. The protocol was for Strength intervals of 15min repeated 3x. Legs were feeling awesome, probably the best in months. I managed to put in a great workout and actually put out more power on the last one than I did the 2nd one. I also stayed seated the entire time which was a pretty good feeling. Nothing like some good 'ol power sessions on Flagstaff.

One guy tried to jump my wheel and hold onto the train at the start of my last one. I rode my steady but high pace and consequently dropped him just outside of 0.5mi. yesterday was just one of those days when the legs feel awesome and you just have to bury yourself multiple times to get the most out of the day. Today I hit the gym again for some weights and core work. 3 days in a row now of strength stuff. 2009 is going to be a great year =)

Bearclaw

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Booooom you have just been virtually dirty sanchezed
Dave