300x250

02 December 2008

Seasonal Offerings

I've been told that I need to update, well here it is. The granola and muesli production is in full swing. Training is going well, and all is good on the Front Range. So what has your adventurer been up too? As the previous sentence stated, several things. As you might recall, over a year and a half ago I was experimenting with some energy bar production. After several focus group sessions and countless personal tastings while on the bike, I have gotten back into production. This time, my skills are more refined and I'm hitting the granola and muesli markets. Breakfast foods have always been dear to my heart. I didn't want to become a one-trick pony so i needed to have diversification in my culinary quiver. And I'm not going to pay for boxed cereal or granola that is way to sweet and ridiculously overpriced. Interesting enough, I would be more than happy to sell my granola for the gourmet price that it seems to attract nowadays. Along with granola, nature's candy, I'm pushing out lots of muesli as well. Now if you have ever read a euro cyclist eating habits you will notice the aforementioned many times along with choco spread(nutella) on fresh baguette. You now ask yourself, what is this potion that brings the good sensations the euro riders talk of? Well first off, muesli is a European version of granola. Whereas granola as we know it is often cooked in the oven and formed into clumps, muesli is cooked oats with different cereal grains and often times fruit. Or if you are in Belgium, little delicious choco shavings. Both are dense in nutrients and high in fiber which perform two duties: provide a full, long lasting energy as well as keep your inner workings in check. After getting back from my euro campaign last year, I was saddened to not find muesli. And when I did find it, I was quickly defeated by the Euro/$ trade deficit. How could something in Euroland cost $2.75 and in the US cost $6.00? Well the economist in me immediately thought Muesli arbitrage! But the foodie in me thought, hmm, I bet I could corner the muesli market and introduce this Euro delicacy to the masses so they all can have good sensations on the bike, in the office, on the run, or in sun(just a little rhyming for you). After much mind deliberating, I have started my muesli production. I like to consider it trial phase 1 and gourmet b/c production is highly limited until I source out my commercial kitchen space.

So, with the fall season being the uber best time of the year for foodies, I'm currently producing:
Apple-Spice Granola

Pumpkin Pie Granola

Almond-Coconut Muesli


As my techniques continue to improve and flavorings more advanced, I encourage you to sign up for my focus groups. What will you get? Aside from the spectacular experience of being part of the US Granola/Muesli market takeover, you get a free and delicious foods that provide you with good sensations that will better your life. Plus you get to provide feedback to me and help me take on this long-conceived venture.

Also, you need to check out the new poll and vote on a favorite flavor for the next trial period.

See the photos for what you can enjoy. And email me your name/address and I will send you out some samples.

Chow,
Matthew

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

9734 S 51st Ave
Oak Lawn, IL 60453


-Michael

it all sounds good
send double

Anonymous said...

Lucky for me, I've been able to enjoy a few of Matthew's granola varieties and the Muesli over the past few weeks. With each new batch, he has shown that Quaker and Nature Valley better start taking notes and step it up--or else step out of the kitchen! Matthew's granola incorporates just enough sweetness with delightfully complex flavors and textures to create a sense of "culinary nirvana" ;-) that stays with you 'till lunch. Plus, who can pass up up an opportunity to have pumpkin pie for breakfast--my new favorite. Keep it coming!!

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

1720 Melrose Place J723
Knoxville, TN 37916



Megan



-they all sound amazing!

(remember im done with school on the 11th so its probably best to wait until i return on jan 7th) :)

Eric Fischer said...

929 Key Route
Albany, CA 94706
sign me up-im hungry!
-eric

Anonymous said...

Someone say free food....?
A boy can leave college habits, but college habits will never leave a boy.

1009 East Red Bud Road
Knoxville, TN 37920

Dave