300x250

17 September 2007

C-Day + 29

This Thursday marks 8 weeks since that little incident we don't speak of...I am still in my sweet neck brace and so incredibly eager to be released from its captivity hopefully this Thursday when I go in for my followup visit with the neurosurgeon. Not sure what to expect in terms of procedure, but I will likely have to get some additional images produced. Nothing like adding another cd of images to my library of 3 already. If I can download the images from the cd to the harddrive, I will try to upload them to the blog.

I am walking better these days, but still notice that its not back to normal, but each week is an improvement. I rode the trainer yesterday and again this morning. Feels good but riding the trainer is no fun. I basically get up before 6am and roll down to the garage and turn on the iPod then crank out 30min of riding. Thats about all I can handle without any visual stimulation. I was planning on reading a book, but I forgot the book about 3 min into the ride and didn't want to leave my stead. For anyone that has ridden a trainer for very long, I applaud you b/c its basically the most boring thing ever. Bicycle riding for me is about getting outside, feeling the wind against my face and being free. The trainer is just the opposite. Its about captivity, no change in scenery and getting really hot without anyway to cool b/c I am too cheap to buy a fan. Ohh well...

Currently looking for a new road bike, so if anyone knows of a sweet deal or if any manufacturers are reading this and want to sponsor me, please contact me. I can provide a great story for your company and I will be riding it every day. I hope to put more time on my Titus Racer-X mtn bike this fall. I haven't ridden it since last October and miss it terribly. I love road riding, but its always great to mix it up. Riding mtn bikes is super fun b/c you can just jump stuff and get dirty. I wish there were more accessible trails in the area. If I get the go ahead from the neurosurgeon on thursday, i will attempt at some early morning secret rides in Golden Gate Park. The park is just minutes from my door. I don't think it will bother anyone early in the morning b/c the park isn't too keen on off-road riding....

This morning I went over to the lake to show America True the situation, which is basically a bad situation. I am wanting to run an after-school program sailing program. The jags in the rowing club don't want to have any sailboats on their lake. And of course we ran into the crazy boathouse guy, Timothy. There are some serious issues with this guy. After getting all over the america true guy, and acting completely weird by following us and stalking us. He shocked me by coming over and saying he hopes I am feeling better. Nice gesture but its still weird b/c he is so confrontational, but I appreciated the gesture.

Ironic sight of the day....On Saturday while out walking around, I saw a guy smoking a cig and riding his bike.

Yesterday, I took Marco and Sara sailing. We had a great time but unfortunately forgot to bring a camera. They did a great job and got around the lake no problemo. I like to think I played a major role in it...

Chow,
Matthew

No comments: