300x250

26 September 2007

My Urban Velo Tour

Feeling pretty excited about getting on the bike again, I set off on an urban tour this morning. Basically just a longer, hillier route to work. Riding early in the morning is really pleasant because its still a little cool out and everyone is agro yet from working. You can still get some smiles on the road =)

I ended up riding for about 45min around the city heading out of my 'hood and down to Haight then to Market St and through the Castro then up towards Twin Peaks and finally through West Portal. If anyone has been to SF, you know this is a pretty hilly route and it didn't let me down. I'm trying not to push myself too fast too early. But its a great feeling to get your heart rate up and feel some lactic acid in the legs. I can already tell some improvement since Monday's inaugural road ride. I am still working on getting a new sted to venture off into some longer rides in Marin. I probably won't be riding the mtn bike as I originally thought just yet. The rough spots on the road are enough for me right now, but I will be back.

I just read this morning that their will be a Tour of America next year. Its suppose to cover 22 states and over 4000mi with 27 stages. Pretty sick stuff, and there is $11mil in prize money. Now I just need to get all suited up and sign that pro contract so I can get a ride in it =) if that doesn't happen it would be pretty sick to do some cyclosportiv on one of the stages...perhaps i have an idea to shoot to the promotors....

chow,
matthew

No comments: