300x250

27 September 2007

Urban Velo Tour Part Deux

Road my extended route to SF State again this morning. Weather started out warm and sunny but quickly turned cool and foggy when I rolled over to State. SF is weird like that...one moment its sunny the next its 20deg cooler and fogged over. I took a nice picture of the fog rolling in this morning from my house. Brought my digital camera with me on my ride today but didn't see anything interesting. My legs felt much better today. I spoke with Shawn, my coach, yesterday. She is excited about my recovery and we are going to work on a solid rebuilding program. My preliminary goals are to peak in May for Gila and Berkeley Hills along with some other Norcal races. I have had good success at Berkeley and really want to win it this year. My new team should provide good support.

Daily auto rant: this morning I came to a crosswalk at Laguna Honda and Portola. There is a Catholic school here and kids were coming to school. Naturally, they had a crossing guard because of all the agro drivers that feel they are too important to be held up by kids walking to school. Perhaps they should follow suit and walk to work. Well, the kid from the school who is helping with the crossing guard duties walks out with his "stop" sign and a guy in an SUV continues to approach him. I didn't think he was going to stop then he finally does, fortunately. After the crossing guard leaves, the SUV guns it only to be outgunned by a crazy woman in a small car. I thought they were going to collide. First off, CA law states that you can't drive past a crosswalk until the pedestrian has completely left the street. Both cars broke this rule and nearly caused and accident b/c they are so important and can't bare the fact that they are being delayed by kids walking to school. Hopefully, more SF cops will watch these intersections and hand out the $250 ticket that goes along with the violation.

Chow,
Matthew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pedestal maybe? Just kidding :-)
I totally agree - Save the children, they are our future.
~Alyssa~

Anonymous said...

You should try putting your camera on video mode and recording them. Have your face put on the daily news as being the local cyclist trying to prevent young children from road raged drivers. Do it enough and maybe receive some compensation from the local mothers for a new bicicleta.
Your #1 avid reader- Dave