300x250

12 July 2009

Großer Preis der Gemeinde Rheinzabern

Good sensations are back. After some mishaps two weeks ago in the Pfalz, today was a good day. 7th overall out of 160starters. I was pretty happy after so many less than stellar performances. It was a good confidence boost after feeling so good during training the last few weeks. I really think the 10day of no-bike was the perfect training for me in TN along with seeing my family and Kristi. I can't believe it but today marks less than 7 weeks before I return to the US. Karin, Heinz and I spoke this evening about how fast time flys, and how it seemed that just yesterday was February and I was arriving in Backnang to snow and complete confusion. The snow is gone and has been lately replaced by lots of rain but the confusion remains, just on a much smaller level.

Last night, Sandra, Marc and I went to Ludwigsburg for the Ludwigsburg CityLaufen, ie 10km running race. The current German 10k and h-m champion was there along with over 4400 other starters. Very cool course winding through the city with thousands cheering on with brats, brezels, and biers in hand. I cheered with my Weizen in hand. Lots of music playing and the host from Eurosport.de was announcing. The kids run which probably had 500kids was pretty awesome. Definitely the better race to watch =)

Last week of my intensive German class this week and an A/B/C race in the Schwarzwald (Black Forest) just outside Freiburg a.B. The same Freiburg with the Freiburg Clinic. 6 rounds on a 19km course. Should be good. Goal for the week is to remain healthy, become perfect in Deutsch so I can get my diploma for my parent's kuhlshrank(refrigerator) and train hard.

Chow,
Matthew

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to add the diploma to the refrigerator. I know that you will "pass". Can't wait to have you home (USA). Time has gone by fast. Enjoy the rest of your time. BE SAFE. Love, Mom

Christopher Cummings said...

great result

Anonymous said...

Nice finish in your race!


Love,
Megan

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Spuzi!! Keep up the good work =)