300x250

11 May 2009

Seinfeld Moment

Went to battle yesterday and paid dearly. Not sure what is up. Today I feel congested so I'm not sure if I am coming down with something. Hopefully not. Hopefully it's just the aftereffects of yesterday's effort on the pulmonary system. KT/A/B/C Gonso Ba-Wu-Liga race yesterday. I was in the front group in the front 15 on the start of the 2nd climb 2km (8-12%). Felt good the first lap, 2nd lap, I completely blew when the field split. The whole body was screaming from Lactic Acid. Did a lot of chasing to catch the chase groups. At one point in my chase, I had a lapse of thought as 99% of my self was into catching the group up ahead and I found myself riding the gravel just inches from endo-'ng into a ditch. Kind of unnerved me and the social consequences of crashing by oneself would have been quite tough to bare. I had weeds hanging from my shoe. I think I rode 4 laps with it in before I finally was able to grab it. Another rider asked if I went into the weeds. I kind of smiled b/c my brain wasn't working enough to speak Deutsch.

Volschule took it's toll on me this morning. I didn't sleep well last night and it was a bit of struggle but I pressed on. Only 7 more classes...I need to develop solid sleeping habits after races. The adrenalin from the races always prevent me from sleeping well the night of the race. Body temp is up and just restless. Tonight should be a good sleep though.

Last Friday, I had a Seinfeld moment at Volkschule. I was being extra healthy as swine flu takes over the world and washing my hands. Just before I was to dry, a guy blew his nose using the dry cloth. This is not some sheet of brown paper, this is the cloth type that is reused over and over. Let's just say that I won't be using this hand dryer or any other one the rest of my life. And if you need to blow your nose, use toilet paper as this is bad form.

chow,
Bearclaw

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NASTY! I can't believe someone would blow his nose on the washroom hand towel. What was he thinking?! Definitely fitting material for a Seinfeld episode!!
~The Sherpa

Matthew Barrowclough said...

And again on Tuesday I saw another. I'll stick with my wet hands after I leave the bathroom. Atleast i and my companions will know that my hands were under some water.

Anonymous said...

YUCK !!!! Did anyone say "cooties". Love, Mom