300x250

02 May 2009

Frülingsfest 2009

After our little battle in Öschellbron, we headed to Bad Cannstatt for Frülingsfest. I came to learn that it's the biggest festival in Europe. I wasn't disappointed.

The race didn't go as I had planned. I learned some things, and I hope that I can continue to work for the team and help them as much as possible. Tomorrow is a new day and a new race so that is where my mind is.

When we arrived at Frülingsfest I started taking pictures like a tourist. I told myself before I came over here that I would do a much better job at photographing the experience. I did a pre-school job in Belgium. I'm planning on making a photo/movie presentation once all is said and done. It will be available to the public after a private viewing with my peeps. So onto the festival experience. I needed an objective for the evening. Something to make the evening comical and provide myself with some needed humor and above all, great blogging material.

The objective: Photograph as many "Eurotrash" haircuts that I can find(for my european readers, eurotrash is american slang, nothing derogatory, just fun slang). The tools: my Olympus digital camera and my superb clandestine skills The place: Frülingsfest, Bad Cannstatt, Germany 1 May 2009

Disclaimer: No individuals were asked permission for their photos. I reserve the right to laugh and describe in my own words the individuals hair.

This is your standard Euro mullet. Notice the top is clean but he keeps a party going on in the rear. The plain white tee adds to the standardness of this guy. He is your good friend, someone that you know is true to the game, much like his mullet.

This is a great example of the melting of eras in Germany. The young gun on the left is posting up a beefed up standard mullet in the rear but added a touch of flair to the top. It's a melting of cultural periods. Quite beautiful. His posse to the right is sporting the Ecstasy Hawk. This is the guy who can roll with the best at the all night ragers. Notice the classy leather with the faux tie on the yellow button up. This has class and party written all over it.

Here is the ÜberHawk as I like to call it. This cut says, "damn, I'm a gangsta. I roll on 24s and I spend 2 hours doin' up my hair yo!" It's loud, it's tough, and it's gangsta all rolled into one. You can't see, but his harem is in tow.
Here is a bleached blond example. The pink hood is a classy and sophisticated touch to the ensemble.

This is, "Honey I'm Home from Work!" Traditional yet sophisticated. Notice the tightly kept backside which rolls down the neck. This is a man of principle and servitude to his community. The finely chiseled beard is just an added bonus. Classic in design and never out of style. Sporting a white tee and posting up a leather jacket is Fonzesq.

Here is a Spiked EuroHawk. Notice the shaved sides. This provides a pleasant accentuation of the top and a good ear shot to insure optimal hearing while at the concert. Here is a 2nd take on the popular Spike EuroHawk.


The Turkish mafia...that's all that needs to be said about that.

We step away a bit from the typical eurotrash haircuts being featured above and focus now on the urban spike. An upclose view found the do' quite spikey and frizzy. It's fun and new, like Spring.
Here is a fine example of the "clean mullet." Nothing too fancy. For the ladies, he is one you can bring home to mom and dad but know that he still has the wild side when he is out.

If there was to be a leader amongst the crowds, someone that all eyes and ears would turn to, it would be this guy. The full hawk on the top and half-way down the back side. Then he throws down a perfectly trimmed, and straightened neck bob. This is a look only few can pull off, and only few who would dare try such a masterpiece of eurotrash style. As you can see, it works well with the ladies. but one must include neck bling and a black leather vest to full accessorize the part.

And finally the boys who could have ended my clandestine work. They weren't too happy about me snapping a photo of them. I thought they looked funny when they were all posting up along the railing of the bumper cars. It was like this was their turf and they were checking out all the ladies walking by. Too nervous to talk to them but they sure did look cool next to the bumper cars.

Over and Out,
Claw

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. What a brilliant play-by-play of this wunderbar photo montage. Wow! Those Europeans take the cake on mullets. Nice use of hairstyle jargon...if one didn't know better s/he might think you were a closet stylist yourself! ;)
~Kristi

Eric Fischer said...

haha!

Anonymous said...

Good commentary. I never knew there were so many "mullet styles". Michael only showed us 1 style. Keep snapping those pictures. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

That how i style my stuff...lol.. ye ye.. for me its a hint of a party in the back... its one of those where people look twice for a sec