300x250

05 January 2009

Euro Bound

Feb 16, I leave for Deutscheland. The Euro racing dream will finally have arrived. First thing I will meet with my new director and stay with him and his wife for a few days. Then I will head to Mallorca for a proper training camp of 10days. Then its back to Stuttgart to get some more training in and get acquainted with my new team and the German culture. Racing starts end of March.

I'll be racing for a top amateur squad in southern Germany. Its very well supported and managed. I already feel like its pro.

The Sherpa and I went up Estes Park on New Year's to do a little exploring. Hit up the Stanley Hotel, made famous in the movie, The Shining. Took a fun little tour then drank some delicious tea at a shop in town. Yesterday, we both went skiing with Zach, (manny gig). Eldora was the choice spot. Bluebird day but super icey. I was a little doubtful of my ability as I'm not keen on these east coast ice conditions. But it was fun and beautiful.

Got in a big ride with EK last Friday. 3300+kjs. 4.5hrs. We did a canyons tour, ie lots of climbing. Legs were pretty good. Happy with form but still much work to do. Hit Jamestown, Lee Hill, Sunshine, and finally Flagstaff.
chow,
Claw

No comments: