300x250

30 December 2008

End of Year Musings

2008 is nearly on the books. Quite a year for me: new job(s), new home, new state, new friends, old friends, back to racing, lots of cooking, and a little bit of blogging. I'm pretty happy with the year and think that 2009 will top 2008.

So with 2009, big things are on the horizon. First and foremost, it is now official, I've inked an offer to ride with Activity, a Stuttgart, Germany based top amateur cycling team. After thinking that my euro racing dreams were over, this incredible offer came across the pond. So end of February, I leave the Unreality, and start with a training camp in Mallorca then racing season starts. Its going to be a whirlwind of excitement, energy, fatigue, cultural obscurities, funny stories, euro hawks & mullets, and lots of coffee. I'll be tracking my Euro Adventure Part Deux extensively through my World Wide Web pulpit. Not every exciting offer comes without some sadness. I'll be away from some very close people but without their support, I don't think I could take on this adventure in fullness.

So now I have to get prepared for the little New Year's Partay my lady and I are hosting at my place in Niwot. What's on the menu? A international selection of finger/small/tapas dishes. Potstickers, Maki, Empanadas, Guac, Salsa, and a surprise special desert.

So if you are in Boulder, get your butt over here and partay with the coolest cats on the Front Range.
Chow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matthew,
Best wishes and good luck as you prepare to leave for your Euro racing dream! Not everyone gets to live their dreams. Far too many fall into the - “I wish I would-a - could-a” pit fall! We have enjoyed getting to know you through our short visits and following your preparations on your blog. The best non-professional advice we have is an oldie but-a goodie – Happiness is a Journey not a destination!
John & Alice Wasson