300x250

27 January 2009

Relegated to the Trainer

The insane weather swings that are synonymous with the Front Range have gripped the Bubble very tightly. Last week it was 60s, sun and skin showing. This week its snow, ice, sub-0 temps. We definitely need the snow in this state but I'd prefer to not experience the sub-0, single digit temps. Not wanting to dress like Randy. Rode slightly under two hours with some 2.5min PPEs, peak power efforts. Definite hurt but they will pay off well when I 'm in the breaks and attacking the Germans.

Last night made some delicious palak tofu and chana masala. It was muy tasty. Been a little while since i made the Indian so it was a nice trip back. Weather is suppose to improve this week so I'm looking forward to some outdoor riding.

Things are coming together nicely for the adventure. Getting my gear and clothing situated and maximizing my bike shop discount prior to leaving. Leaving for 6 months and figuring out how to pack is a little mind boggling. I made a spreadsheet the other night. yeah, I geeked out a little. But getting bike stuff ready for 6 months of racing takes a lot of gear. I will have access to sponsor stuff but not sure how and much just yet.

Tschüss,
Matthäu


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha nice picture...family classic



~Megan

Anonymous said...

Love the picture. Reminds me of our family. Love, Mom

Christopher Cummings said...

WOW 2 + ON THE TRAINER, CAN'T DO IT.

Matthew Barrowclough said...

it was a struggle...similar to the struggle of irish acceptance during the turn of the last century