300x250

19 October 2008

Pain Cave and Sweet Libations



After months and months of no wild times, you know trying to be a good cyclist, I ventured out to my 2nd bar in Boulder, the West End Tavern. Kelly & Kelly(roommates and #1 fan base) joined me and my Gila adventure partner Eric, and his fiance, Lindsay. I made some sweet food before and we shared two bottles of a Cotes du Rhone and another nice French pinot. I love the french wine. West End was fun. I kept it classy and stuck to my pinot.

Before all the fun, I had to make my way into the pain cave. Yep, cross racing. Field was sickly deep, 106. I started in the very middle. Legs weren't super good and the course was just really damn hard. Crashed twice(not serious but it basically forced me to restart my pedaling and get back on the bike) and two chain drops even with a chain keeper,I will blame the mechanic on that one...umm thats me. Good times though. Kelly L. made it out with the King and Queen of the house, Pre and Aggie. She shot some nice photos and it was nice to have a cheering section as I was burrowing deeper into the cave. The plan of winning didn't work so well but ohh well. Everything should be good for next week.

For your viewing pleasure...







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you had a good birthday. some fancy photos there. you might want want to think about putting up some sort of warning before people view those shots. that last one might give people the wrong idea. you look like the ron jeremy of the cycling world.

-michael