300x250

02 October 2008

Getting My Cross On

Got my cross on yesterday morning. Decided to do the "Wednesday Morning Worlds," ie the esteemed Boulder cyclocross ride which drags young/old, novice/pros out do the parks of Boulder for some dirt riding, running, and mayhem. We had 20 in our group; apparently the other group had ~60. Good for me b/c I am uber amateur on the cross bike. We rolled around the Elks Lodge which was pretty sweet. Started off with a practice lap to see the entire course, basically a race lap for me b/c my remounting is quite suspicious. Race starts after we all line up and I'm in good position until the first remount. Ohh well, getting dropped by a 60+ yr old is something we all must do sometime =)

The key is I had fun, got a little dirty and only biffed it once. Heading over to the park this morning before work to practice on my remounts. Should be good. Brushed up on some cool online instructional videos for remounting last night. So it will be super easy right? =)

Chow,
Matthew

No comments: