300x250

23 August 2009

Zu Viel Kraft atleast that is my story

After powering up with some muesli and coffee in the morning i boarded the train to Fellbach. All was good, motivation was high and legs were ready to take on the Kappelberg. First round, sitting perfect in top5 as the field was already in pieces. 2nd round, 200m after passing start/finish, the plates on my chain blew apart. My day was done. Scheiß! Ohh well, that is racing. Happens even to the best pros, with the best equipment and the top mechanics. After 5 years of racing, I have had 3 flats in races and that is it. Not too bad. Now I have a broken chain to add to the list. I did get a nice shoutout from Freddy, the announcer. He spoke about my recent good form and how well I looked in the race then mentioned my day ended with a broken chain. Bike racing is not without much frustration followed hopefully with a few joyous moments that make all the work and suffering worth it. Frustrated yes, upset, no. It's racing...mechanicals take out the best in the world. To win a race everything has to go your way. Winning ain't easy and it's only steeper at the top...

Now, it's on to Mecklenberg for the 5-stage rundafarht(stage race). All resources are going for helping Marcus Jahn in the sprints and Markus Kuhn in the overall. I think it will be really good for me to have a specific role of only doing work and not worrying so much about finish except for time cut.

I did make some awesome videos from my van excerpts with Kai while we shuttled people up and down the mountain for the race. I will get those up later today. Must hit the training shortly with the team.

Meow!
Bearclaw

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bummer! i hope the next race goes better for you!

love,
megan

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the chain. Love, Mom BE SAFE