300x250

15 August 2009

Preis der Stadt Ladenburg

Rolled myself into a 5th platz last night in the criterium in Ladenburg. 105-110 starters, 60km on a 1km oval. I was 10th in Points and 2nd in the field sprint after again I chose every break to follow that didn't make it. New tactic, wait till mid race and dangle off the front but don't put in a huge effort. Then be a clandestine agent and slowly increase the pace and the gap before tailgunning it behind the lead vehicle. I will have to try it out tomorrow. A Top-5 was one of my original goals before I arrived here. But I am so close right now and I know my fitness is above the rest in the field. I just need some good ju-ju to pull it all together. Marc and Christian Schröder did a great job last night setting tempo. I just didn't deliver in the way I really wanted to. But that is racing I guess. I think I am being marked as a rider to watch because no one gives me an inch. Next time, I will just unleash some good 'ol Tennessee power and no let them even think about following. Pocketed €25 for my effort with a €5 going to start money.

Chow,
Bearclaw

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Bearclaw!!! Top 5 rocks! Hope you have a great race today as well. See you in a few weeks =) Tschuss, Kristi

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Matthew.. Show them so good ole fashion racing that you learned in them their TN hills. Love, Mom BE SAFE