300x250

03 August 2009

Gonso Ba–Wü Meisterschaft 1st Place!

My new hardware! I've never won many trophies, let alone 1st Place! I didn't know what to expect before I came to Germany. My last experience of racing in Europe was quite a challenge. After lots of hard work and great support, I made it back here. I couldn't be more happy with the support I have received from the team and my great teammates. We proved too all of Baden-Württemburg is that we are the best despite our youth. It's an an amazing experience to be part of team where we all can laugh, joke, and race hard together. I even received a new nickname from Herr Sebastian Spengler...Jabronie =)

Apart from my teammates, the support from our Betreuers(support crew) would not have made our season as successful as it has been thus far. So thank you! And all the great sponsors that provide us with the tools to make it happen.

Just to put this all into perspective...Baden-Würtemmburg is one of the largest states in Germany. It also is one of the toughest(if not toughest) bicycle racing leagues in Deutschland. Winning the LBS Gonso Ba-Wü Liga Meisterschaft is saying to all of Germany that we are the best team. Pretty cool stuff.




chow,
Matthew, aka Bearclaw, aka Jabronie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Matthew!! Your little sis is proud of you! Enjoy the rest of your time there! : )

Love,

Lauren

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! You'll have to show off your new bling when you get back to the States!

Love,
Megan

Anonymous said...

Joaaaa!
Jabronie:D:D

Anonymous said...

Awesome. We are very proud of you and the team. BE SAFE. Love, Mom, Dad and the "pups".

Anonymous said...

how many karats is that thing? nice!

-Michael

Anonymous said...

Glückwünsche! Felicitaciones! You ROCK! Can't wait to see the Gold =)
~the proud sherpa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the 1st place medal!! You have good reason to be proud of all have accomplished this season. We are very happy for you. Enjoy your accomplishments, new friends and the last few weeks in Germany.
Cheers,
Alice & john