300x250

04 December 2008

Cross-training Boulder Style


Training this week has gone pretty good. Battled a little bonk on Tuesday. Need to eat a little more as I'm not use to burning the calories b/c of the cooler temps. Better now than in a race. Won't let that one happen again. Yesterday, I hit up the North Boulder Rec Center. As with anything in Boulder, its a little over the top for public spaces. Strength is coming along nicely and I'm keeping lean.

Today, I did a little cross-training b/c it was dumping snow. I think we ended getting 5" after it was only expected to accumulate up to 2". So i hit up North Boulder Park and got my xc skiing on. Boulder Nordic groomed it and the masses were out. Well over 100+, mostly skate skiers. I was one of a few doing classic. Saw a bunch of junior nordic racers. For sports and outdoor activities boulder is definitely a child's paradise as well as the adult. So after an hour of classic work, I rolled home, only to see that the temps were in the teens. Got my warming sensations on with some tomato-turkey soup. It was goooood.

Picked up a used pair of skate skies at Sports Recycler in NoBo. Tomorrow morning before I make dreams come true in the bike shop, I will put in a good skate session.

Enjoy the pics...
chow,
Matthew

No comments: