300x250

10 March 2008

Tragedies in Our World

I was going to write about my weekend's racing but this morning I discovered two cyclists, one which I knew, in California were struck by a vehicle on Sunday morning while training. Both were killed. Matt Peterson was only 29 and Christy Goff was 30. I can't begin to think how difficult it is for their families during this moment of loss. I ask that you all remember these two.

When I found out who these riders were, I felt sick to my stomach. I was going to go out for a short spin but the desire to ride had left me. My own auto striking hit me really hard this morning. It very well could have ended in the same way. It makes you think why? Why was I spared? I still have very little memory of being hit. Only the ensueing aftermath of pain. But this morning for the first time, I consciously remember the feeling and sound of the truck's metal body hitting me. I can describe what it felt like, but I remember the sound and the initial feeling. I'm not sure if more will come back later.

I want you all to follow the link below to read about Matt Peterson.
http://rememberingmatt.blogspot.com

You also read the CyclingNews story on these two amazing people.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=features/2008/police_california_deaths08

The world lost two great people yesterday. May their lives be remembered forever.

Regrefully,
Matthew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't figure out how to do it with my yahoo profile. I can't upload with just my iPhone and my laptop Does not have Internet.
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url]