300x250

30 March 2008

Remaining Dynamic

Well, I got everything that I wanted for weather today, cold, snowy, and just wet. Unfortunately, I didn't get the race I wanted. I was into bed early last night, slept great. Up early today, had my steel cut oats and was ready to rip of the Koppenburg. After getting essential fuel at WiNot Coffee in Niwot I headed down to Superior. On the way to phoned up the team I was going to race for today and got word that the promotors had cancelled the race. Reason? Too much snow on the course. I thought this was CO, the home of the hard core outdoor enthusiasts! Well, they did the same earlier this week to the Rond de Koln in Germany. Race cancelled b/c of snow. Last night I prepped the Cento for utter brutalness in the mud. Put on my SPD pedals and got the Sidi dominator mtn shoes ready for the chaos. I was really looking forward to it. But the arm throw glory of winning will have to wait another day. Going to put in some hard race-type intervals today. Roads should be dry but I will likely be relegated to the lower elevations. Just a recap, yesterday was sunny and in the upper 50s/low 60s. So by now, I am understanding the weather program here on the front range. If we get beautiful weather on Saturday in the winter/spring then its likely to be nasty the next day. You had to expect it b/c the winds were howling yesterday with lots of people complaining about getting blown off the road. Its definitely hard to ride in the high winds but will make you hard when it gets bad in racing. I was really relishing the nastiness that was expected today. I was super stoked and ready to throw the arms up after laying the field into submission.

Next weekend is the circuit race at Colorado School of the Mines. Should be good...

Chow,
Matthew

No comments: