300x250

10 June 2009

Three Days to Go

It's Wednesday and it's 3 days till Michael stops calling the shots and Jenny takes full control =) Today also marks my first real day of food production for the event on Saturday night. So far things have gone well. The new spätzle machine came in yesterday and is quite the handy tool. I think I need two people to fully maximize its potential along with numerous pots of boiling water. Trial run last night. I opted for whole wheat flour to give it a little twist. Going back to All-Purpose. Unfortunately we don't have an exact replica of Type 405 mehl which is what is used in Deutschland. But one must learn to improvise and rise above. This morning I pushed out two large batches of Bearclaw Granola. With my lady soon to arrive, I have to make this delicious source of nutrition and energy for her, myself and everyone else.

On unrelated news, I am still falling victim to black lung. I read yesterday another rider got caught for doping. I saw this guy in Mallorca on the Cura a Randa climb(6km, 5,8%) as we were both doing intervals. He was with his then teammate the Russian cyborg, Vladimir Efmikin which I wrote about during my time there. My plan called for 5 sessions up the climb. These two were doing the same. Albeit a little faster and with a little less pain in the face. I guess I know why now...

One needs garlic and why not get it already minced when you are making for 100!

Kitchen Aid mixer courtesy of Deborah Soike, makes empanada dough production quick
Dough
Bearclaw Granola 2nd round production
My newest culinary investment, A Spätzle Maker, its crazy efficient
Mango Slicer, yep this guy is totally worth th $10,99 at Kroger

Chow,
Bearclaw

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matthew, you know, the real Swabian Spätzle are making by scraping from a small board into boiled water. But for over 100 people the Spätzle maker will make the same result. Good luck!
Sandra