300x250

18 June 2009

Back in Backnang

My two weeks of urlaub at my parent's house went by very quickly. It was bittersweet. I am happy to be back in Germany but it was a very nice time with my family and freundin. Caught up on all things American like some FoodTV, peanut butter, and mexican food.

The wedding post party came together nicely. My fabulous food team of David and Jessie pushed out a sick amount of tatanka and frijoles negros empanadas while Kristi and I got our Spätzle, guac, mango salsa, quinoa salad, and kartofflen salat makin' on. I think there were probably 100 people or so. All the food was completely gone which was perfect. The Spätzle was a huge hit. The mango salsa proved again to be the top puller. Unfortunately the recipe remains guarded. When I release my book of delicious recipes and stories, you will have access to it.

Bearclaw granola captured a few more hearts in Tennessee. When I return to Boulder, I will boost production. I'm thinking the Boulder Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings will be a good place to push the product.

Updates will be a little lacking over the next week as I will be driving and mechanicing for Shawn and Karl, the bosses of the Camp Eden Training Center. They just flew in this morning for the TransGermany MTB stage race. Should be an epic time. Hopefully I can make some blog updates over the course of the race and post some photos.

Chow,
Matthew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice verbification of a noun with "mechanicing"!! =) Have a fun week!
love ya,
Kristi

Anonymous said...

Be Safe and enjoy the week. Miss you, Mom