300x250

08 October 2007

Votes are in...

So it was decided by you, the readers of ~Bomb This Hill~ to keep the current format. Look for new exciting recipes to follow.

My new ride should be arriving soon. Its a sweet Italian dream, the Wilier Cento. Same bike used by The Kid, Damiano Cunego. 940g frame and fork. Once I get her all set up I am suspecting a sub 7kg ride. It will be incredible sweet. But for right now I am relegated to riding around town on my old Trek 1000 and doing pool workouts and hiking as Shawn has prescribed.

The weather has been turning a little cooler here in the mornings for SF standards. My core strengthening work has been working out well for my injuries. I have seen a noticeable improvement while on the bike. Track stands are much easier and I feel much more attached to the bike. This year, I am taking an even more focused look at my nutrition. Everyone says that I don't need to lose any weight but I am good around 72-73kg. Part of it is just cutting back on calories. This fall being a good time for me to lose weight b/c I'm not training on the bike a lot. I have worked on keeping my one carbo rich meal towards lunch and then having a salad for dinner with other vegetables. Do I stay hungry at night? Yeah, but its all part of the program of being a top competition cyclist. Lighter weight means faster up the climbs which is needed at Gila. I am trying to think of the whole eating thing like training. Anaerobic intervals really hurt which is training, having a little hunger throughout the day hurts but its training. The body will learn to adapt and become stronger.

Maybe I am taking it overboard being only a cat 3 rider right now, but my ambitions for top competition are very high and I want to make the most of this second chance.

Chow,
Matthew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I strongly recommend that you drop another 2-3 Kilos because you're just Fat, yes with a captial F you grass eater.
Dave the Great