300x250

17 October 2007

Happy Birthday to Me =)

Today marks the 27th anniversary of the world being a more interesting place, yes, its my birthday =) So I'm a year older today with that I will strike a little life commentary for my viewing audience.

I guess each year, you are expected to mature and be wiser. Every year, it seems that I learn more about what is important to me and how I approach everyday life. As I have aged into my late 20s as some might say, I still prefer to say mid-20s, my outlook on life remains the same...enjoy ever bit of the ride. I guess its generic, but I think I live it whereas others might just say it. I don't know what I want to do with my life. My mind always needs to be challenged otherwise I felt complacent and bored. Not sure what psychologists would describe my personality as but here is what I think it is.
Enjoys the challenges of new adventures and setting high goals. Once challenges are met and goals achieved, one prefers to set off on new challenges.

Basically, I don't like being bored and never want to settle for the norm. I know my family is realizing this as my life has changed quite a bit over the years. First in chicago doing the investment banking, then to Reno for a short but fun stint, and now in California coaching a college sailing team. What does the future hold for me? Never sure, but I know when a great opportunity presents itself, I won't turn on it. I have always belived in seizing the moment and it never became a closer belief to me than this past year. A lot has happened to me all good I think but sometimes painful. My first euro racing program, surviving near death, and healthy relationships formed.

So as I embark on this new phase of my life, which really won't be too new b/c I always seem to be the weird cycling crazy sailing coach, I hope to continue to live the dream, inspire others, create culinary nirvana and Bomb those Hills!

So if there are any Bay Area readers, feel free to join the dinner party tonight at Ethiopian Cafe on Valencia in the Mission. We will be having a living a in the motherland dinner fiesta with delicious foods all eaten with our fingers.

Ciao,
Matthew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

matthew,

i hope you had a great birthday! everytime i talk to you or read your post you make me want to really do something amazing, which i think you are doing right now. i hope that i will be an adventurous as you are and take every opportunity that is given to me. i love you and miss you! cant wait to see you!

megan

Matthew Barrowclough said...

Thanks Megan, that is very sweet of a young whippersnapper sister like yourself =)

Birthday was pretty freakin sick! Lots of good Ethiopian food with friends.

Now we just need to get you all fixed up with your knee.
Love your older brother,
Matthew

P.S. Bow to your sinsei!