300x250

26 May 2007

My first Kermessee

So when I log into google or blogger it goes right into flemish for me. How fortunate? so I guess it will be a good education of language.

My first race was today. It was a kermessee in near Leavun, 120k or 8.3k per lap. Pretty rolling and one hill which is quite odd for racing here in the flat lands. It was a 35k ride to the race. I woke up at 11am and had to leave by noon. I haven't slept till 11am in so long, not my typical wakeup time of 6am. I ate a bowl full of Nettie Kelly's delicous granola, thanks nettie! Then i ate pasta. Turned out to be too much food. I thought it would digest alright b/c I had 3 hours, but no dice. I made it through 4.5 laps before they pulled me. The racing here is quite different. No one takes turns fast and they descend like crap. We had this gnarly descent, reminisce of descending Alpine from Bolinas/Fairfax road.

well must run its rainin on me now.

No comments: